Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Oscars: Berit's Top 5 Wins

Since Claire is the clever, snarky, hilarious one, I'll let her cover the nitty-gritties of the Oscars.

Here's my five favorites, in no particular order, from this past Sunday night:

Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbanna (a design house that I am totally falling in love with). It's such a beautiful color, a wonderful fit, and it's very unique -a breath of fresh air from all the sequins and feathers and flesh tones.

Mila Kunis in Elie Saab. This could have gone incredibly grandma's drapes-y, but the color, fit, and design is just perfect. *Drools*

Gwyneth Paltrow in Michael Kors. It's just so... interesting to look at. Also, probably the first design of Kors' that I've ever actually liked.

Cate Blanchett in Givenchy. Cate Blanchette is so cool anyway, and her gown really fits her persona perfectly. That's 2/5 for lavender-y shaded designs.

Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive. Some people didn't like it, but it's just this beautiful liquid-y fabric in such an electric color that is already big this season.


What were your favorite looks from this years' Oscars?!

Hope you're all having a wonderful week! I just saw Poet Laureate Billy Collins (read his poem ''Litany") read at my school, and he is basically amazing. I'd like to adopt him as my uncle.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment